• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cherry Grove Farm

Unlike many CSA Farms, Cherry Grove will sell to non members. It's a clean, well though out organization, with very nice people whose hearts are in the right place. My issues? I think the meat is too lean, especially the pork. Furthermore, I don't think they have variety in their cuts of beef...sirloin, too thin strips, filet. What do they do w/ the rest of the cow, :huh: ??

Unlike many CSA Farms, Cherry Grove will sell to non members.  It's a clean, well though out organization, with  very nice people whose hearts are in the right place. My issues?  I think the meat is too lean, especially the pork.  Furthermore, I don't think they have variety in their cuts of beef...sirloin, too thin strips, filet.  What do they do w/ the rest of the cow,  :huh: ??

I do desire some fat/marbling in my beef. This is the exact same issue I have with Aaron's meat market in the PA Dutch Farmers Market in Newtown. Aaron has told me people won't buy it unless he trims the hell out of it.

I assume from your post that they won't butcher on premise or special order for you? It seems kind of dumb not to if they don't.

Overall, was the quality of taste cost justified, aside from the lean issue?

Someone just told me about this palce on 206 in Lawrenceville the other day and I wondered if any of you have been there and or tried any of their products. It's fairly close by and I am tempted to sample some of the beef and pork but thought I'd put it out to my fellow EG'ers first.

http://cherrygrovefarm.com/

I have had their beef and liked it very much. It was a porterhouse and it grilled up great. I have also had their fresh eggs.

Kevin

Edited by brogie62 (log)

Someone just told me about this palce on 206 in Lawrenceville the other day and I wondered if any of you have been there and or tried any of their products. It's fairly close by and I am tempted to sample some of the beef and pork but thought I'd put it out to my fellow EG'ers first.

I have had their beef and liked it very much. It was a porterhouse and it grilled up great. I have also had their fresh eggs.

Kevin

Funny you mention Porterhouse, it's my favorite cut. Interestingly, I didn't see it on their pricelist. Nice to know they do have them.

I do a lot of smoking pork, has anyone had any experience with their pork shoulder?

Kevin

Funny you mention Porterhouse, it's my favorite cut. Interestingly, I didn't see it on their pricelist. Nice to know they do have them.

I do a lot of smoking pork, has anyone had any experience with their pork shoulder?

I would suggest just stopping by and browsing through the freezer.

Kevin

about the marbling --or lack of it--in grass fed beef--I just bought an Australian grass fed whole filet at Shop Rite last week--I was dubious because when we cut steaks there was no marbling at all to be seen, but the filets were tender as can be.

I thought this was delicious--had more flavor and was less mushy than most filets.

• 3 months later...

Cherry Grove Farm

3200 Lawrenceville Road (Rte. 206)

Lawrenceville, New Jersey 08648

(609) 219-0053 • cherrygrovef@aol.com

Price List for Meat and Eggs

Map and Directions

I Stumbled (best thing ever for killing time at 2:30 in the morning) across a chicken feed site which had a link to Cherry Grove Farms. I'm curious as to why the meat has to be frozen. Can it be special ordered unfrozen?