• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Is either of you directly involved in Blue Hill's Web site?

http://www.bluehillnyc.com/

It's a rather nice site. I'm constantly amazed at how few restaurants make the effor to put together a useful Web site.

Would you comment on how beneficial you have found having a Web site to be? Have customers specifically commented on it? Do you think it has brought you additional or better business, or contributed to customer retention? How current do you keep your online menus? Do you have any plans to expand your Web presence by offering recipes, a newsletter, or any kind of interactivity?

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

I wish I could say that the web site benefits us greatly for business. I don't think so. We have what I consider to be a nice place to visit on line, and I'm perplexed that more people don't visit it.

We do update it whenever possible, but it's challenging in light of all the other necesseties. I'm hoping it's a good investment for the future, and I'm proud to have a quality sight.

If you have any suggestions to improve it, let me know. Thanks...

Dan