• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

lesliec

thanks for sharing.  a long  time ago on PBS there was a show called Great Chefs of New York.  and indeed they were great

this was way before chefs became Food p0rn stars.   one restaurant chef made a similar item to yours above.   i made it several times as

at that time there was a first class butcher etc very near me.   it was a saddle as above, with a veal  mousse  ( 1/2 inch ) then a trimmed filet mignon

in the center.  tied up, browned, the slow roasted to the filet was rare.  I loved making it, doing all the boning , making the mousse etc

myself.

your is more impressive and looks delicious.

your saddle brings back fond memories.   no glue was used.  it was about 1984

rotuts

rotuts

lesliec

thanks for sharing.  a long  time ago on PBS there was a show called Great Chefs of New York.  and indeed they were great

this was way before chefs became Food p0rn stars.   one restaurant chef made a similar item to yours above.   i made it several times as

at that time there was a first class butcher etc very near me.   it was a saddle as above, with a veal  mousse  ( 1/2 inch ) then a trimmed filet mignon

in the center.  tied up, browned, the slow roasted to the filet was rare.  I loved making it, doing all the boning , making the mousse etc

myself.

your saddle brings back fond memories.

rotuts

rotuts

lesliec

myself.