• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Interested to hear any thoughts about Pho the relatively new Vietnamese cafe on the Clerkenwell road. I went for the first time on Monday night and thought that the spicy chicken pho was exceptionally delicious so much so that I couldn't resist ordering a take out from there last night.

To be honest it's surpising how much I like this place considering the more authentic offerings on the Kingsland Road leave me cold.

I think its fantastic - perfect for lumnch on a school day

The beef pho is great and you leave feeling better and hleathier than you did when you arrived

Plus I want it to work becaause its owned by a couple who waved goodbye to proper jobs and proper salaries to do something they feel passionate about ...

I think its fantastic - perfect for lumnch on a school day

The beef pho is great and you leave feeling better and hleathier than you did when you arrived

Plus I want it to work becaause its owned by a couple who waved goodbye to proper jobs and proper salaries to do something they feel passionate about ...

I agree about making you feel better I had a dodgy stomach on Monday night but after my pho I was miraculously cured. I will have to try the beef pho next time.

Oh I love Pho....it's one of the only decent/reasonably priced places to eat near work....the Pho itself is fantastic (I love the spicy prawn one) and the Bun (noodles and veg and sauce) is delish...I find the Pho perfect in winter, the Bun awesome in summer...

And be sure to try the prawn salad rolls...yum!

Hmmm...might have to go back there for lunch next week....

Elizabeth, AKA Izabel_blue

Pho/Crack...same thing in my book...only Pho is legal thank god!

I moved from Vancouver Canada where there are literally hundreds of pho places... to london where there are like, 10, all congregated on one street in the east end (kingsland road). Granted, i lived on that road for a few months when i first moved here, but honestly, they cannot compare to the pho i rmember from home (which I ate at least 2-4 times a week).....

very sad...!