• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cobble Hill neighborhood in Brooklyn

VivreManger

I was a big fan of Smith Street Kitchen back when it was open. Unfortunately, they closed a few years ago.

Yeah I was about to say.

Never been to Quercy but it seems pricy. Bar tabac is solid fare.

-MJR

�As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy, and to make plans.� - Ernest Hemingway, in �A Moveable Feast�

Brooklyn, NY, USA

My 2 favorites are Saul and Taku. Certainly different styles of food, both terrific. Taku's menu is based on Japanese technique, but stays away from sushi - almost all hot dishes. Wonderful food - the chef has worked a number of places including Union Pacific and The French Laundry.

Saul's more of a "New American" menu, and I think has some of the best cooking of the genre in all of NY. Great meat and fish cookery, interesting flavor combinations and a menu with so many dishes that sound good it's hard to decide. Tuna Tartare with white beets is to die for..

Nice wine choices at both restaurants..