• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

la cambusa

tommy

somebody tells me that this la cambusa isn't related to the one in Fairlawn. if it isn't they need to change the name. if only because i find this location pretty good and i've been tempted to try the fairlawn place of the same name.

thread1

thread2

edit: according to ardore.com they're related. although it would be nice to have discussion on the ridgewood place on its own thread. i took care of that for you.

Edited by tommy (log)

I just checked and was told that La Cambusa in Fairlawn IS owned by the same people who own La Cambusa in Ridgewood. The Fairlawn location is more informal with a totally different menu and chef. That was their first location.

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

rosalie,

what be the word on the chef at the ridgewood la cambusa?  the pasta has been top notch in my experiences.  i have to think this person didn't come from a regular old italian-american restaurant background.

What, no Rigatoni Pomidoro?? Linguini with clams? Spaghetti Puttanesca??? Please tell me they make Puttanesca... :biggrin:

"It's better to burn out than to fade away"-Neil Young

"I think I hear a dingo eating your baby"-Bart Simpson

Chef MAURO D’ALTO: A SHORT BIOGRAPHY

Born in the historic city of Bari in southern Italy, Mauro D’Alto learned much about the art of cooking from his mother. Mauro immigrated to the United States at age 25 in 1977. He cooked in various New York City Restaurants including a nine year stint at Trastevere. And, for a brief time Mauro owned and operated his own restaurant, Bambino D’Ora in New York City.

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE