• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Logistics

Fat Guy

So, I'm already half way across Canada, but the US Web log is a couple of weeks behind my travel schedule. The "Fat Guy Eats Canada" project got developed very much at the last minute and as a result it ate up the time I would have needed to keep up the pace of contemporaneous Weblogs for the US portion of the journey. Of the three that are still to come, one is totally written, one is half written, and one is still notes. I will fill in the blanks when time permits, but the log may not come together as a complete package until later in June. In the meantime, the Canada entries, which take the form of newspaper articles, are proceeding apace:

http://canada.com/national/features/fatguy/

Thanks all for your support and patience, and I'll get those missing entries posted as soon as practical.

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

• 3 months later...
...Of the three that are still to come, one is totally written, one is half written, and one is still notes. I will fill in the blanks when time permits, but the log may not come together as a complete package until later in June. ..

...Thanks all for your support and patience, and I'll get those missing entries posted as soon as practical.

Steven, will we ever get to read anymore of your US trip web log? ie. the part that is totally written? (would that be the Calif. part of your trip?)

Yes, you will. Right now we're experimenting with a new format for these Weblog-type reports. I have the next installment set in that format, but it will require waiting for our next software upgrade -- probably mid or late September -- before you can read it.

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

• 1 month later...