• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

EVOO

WHS

I went almost a year ago and really enjoyed it. They have a great open kitchen which I like and a very casual atmosphere with great service. I can't remember what we ate, but remember it being delicious!

Thanks--the reason I ask is because we're going there tomorrow night. Our friends from New York are visiting Boston, and we went out with them to Clio on Sunday night. The food was impeccable, but the whole experience felt stilted and forced. I'd like to show them something more casual, but still inventive.

We had the 8 course tasting menu paired with wines--our friends from New York were in ecstasy, liked it better than Clio. Some of the courses (my memory is a little shaky after 7 glasses, including a Cava to start, and port and ice wine at the end) included a pate wrapped in prosciutto, tuna 2 ways (sushi and cooked), halibut with white anchovies, duck 3 ways (confit, foie gras, breast) and chocolate bread pudding...