• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Renardat Fache Vin du Bugey Cerdon NV

TrishCT

It all started here a couple years ago, on a thread where I asked about your favorite sparklers. Your advice, collectively, was excellent.

Here is my dilemma... I am looking to buy three cases of the delightful strawberry-tasting sparkler, Renardet Fache Cerdon du Bugey. I live in CT and would prefer to buy it locally. However, I contacted several wine stores who carry Louis Dressner wines... and they said they will look into ordering it for me...then I never hear back from them. When prodded...they say they are working on it. I assume they can't get it.

Does anyone have any recommendations where I could order such a large quantity? If not in CT...do you recommend another merchant that will ship? I used Chelsea Wine Vault in Manhattan before and they were good. Just wondering if there is a better source for a purchase of this magnitude.

Thanks!

hmm -- i just searched again from the front page and found it again. try searching under "Bugey."

the price is only about a buck higher than i saw recently here in Seattle. i'm guessing it may have gone up since the Bugey has gotten a lot of press in the past year (including from me).

Zachy's apparently misspells the vintner's name, btw. i believe it's Renardat-Fache.

Trish, the price went up since last fall, straight to $16.99. Lately in NY I was able to find it only at Astor Place Wines and the uptown Whole Foods. Chelsea Wine Vault didn't have it on the shelf for the last year or so (or maybe I was unlucky when I went there).

The human mouth is called a pie hole. The human being is called a couch potato... They drive the food, they wear the food... That keeps the food hot, that keeps the food cold. That is the altar where they worship the food, that's what they eat when they've eaten too much food, that gets rid of the guilt triggered by eating more food. Food, food, food... Over the Hedge

Thanks all for the tips. I called Chambers and they had 32 bottles in stock so I bought them all, should be plenty for our needs. As a wedding gift, I am giving 20 bottles to my sister for her champagne toast and bringing a few more to celebrate with the family on the wedding night.

• 2 weeks later...