• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

2000 Moulin St. George Bordeaux

DTBarton

Tried my first bottle of this St. Emillion last night with a Valentine steak. Nice cherry nose, good fruit, plenty of structure. Still a touch tannic. I'd say worthwhile now, probably can stand a couple more years in the bottle, but very enjoyable with the beef.

Tried my first bottle of this St. Emillion last night with a Valentine steak.  Nice cherry nose, good fruit, plenty of structure.  Still a touch tannic.  I'd say worthwhile now, probably can stand a couple more years in the bottle, but very enjoyable with the beef.

2000s are too young for me - 98 St Emilions are drinking well.

Tried my first bottle of this St. Emillion last night with a Valentine steak.  Nice cherry nose, good fruit, plenty of structure.  Still a touch tannic.  I'd say worthwhile now, probably can stand a couple more years in the bottle, but very enjoyable with the beef.

2000s are too young for me - 98 St Emilions are drinking well.

In general, I'd agree. I have a case of the Moulin St George and thought I'd do a little Valentine baseline research. If you can find any 2000 Clos L'Eglise Cotes de Castillon, that's drinking nicely now and is cheap by Bordeaux standards.

Glad to hear about the 98s, I have a box of Monbousquet that's yet to be sampled. And I still have 95s that are coming out stern, hope they open up.