• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Thank you again for joining this week.

You mentioned in another thread that you love Naples. Could you expound on that? What are some of the reasons that you are drawn to Naples in particular?

Judith Love

North of the 30th parallel

One woman very courteously approached me in a grocery store, saying, "Excuse me, but I must ask why you've brought your dog into the store." I told her that Grace is a service dog.... "Excuse me, but you told me that your dog is allowed in the store because she's a service dog. Is she Army or Navy?" Terry Thistlewaite

Ciao Judith

I think that Naples is one of the most exciting cities in Italy. Great restaurants of all kinds, fantastic markets, wonderful museums, terrific shopping, well-priced hotels. Pizza alone is a reason to visit, although there's a lot of bad pizza in Naples too. But the most important reason is that the Neapolitans are the most hospitable, warm people, with a sense of fun, from nobles to vegetable sellers to cab drivers. Why? I attribute it to the Vesuvius vibe, the electromagnetic field produced by an active volcano.

a presto

Faith

Thank you again for joining this week.

You mentioned in another thread that you love Naples. Could you expound on that? What are some of the reasons that you are drawn to Naples in particular?

Thank you! Such an enthusiastic recommendation! My brother and his family will be spending some time in Naples and Rome in the new few months. I only wish I were going too!

I like the idea of Vesuvius energizing the populace. :biggrin:

Judith Love

North of the 30th parallel

One woman very courteously approached me in a grocery store, saying, "Excuse me, but I must ask why you've brought your dog into the store." I told her that Grace is a service dog.... "Excuse me, but you told me that your dog is allowed in the store because she's a service dog. Is she Army or Navy?" Terry Thistlewaite

Ciao Judith

I hope they have a good time. They shouldn't miss the gelato at San Crispino in Rome, not far from the Pasta Museum.

a presto

Faith

Thank you! Such an enthusiastic recommendation! My brother and his family will be spending some time in Naples and Rome in the new few months. I only wish I were going too!

I like the idea of Vesuvius energizing the populace. :biggrin: