• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

WTN: Brania delle Ghiandaie Rosso

Carema

Colline Lucchesi 1998. A dark brooding Sangiovese from up near Pisa. It makes me want to change my name to Lucchesi. It is difficult to describe its depth, its magical prunes and brett nose, overripe and falling off the trees cherries, humungo acidity. So dark and inky one immediately gets clown mouth (when red little circles from the glass stain the thin skin above the lips).

we all have to brush our teeth. I bought the last 4 cases to give to my employees during the xmas season, when they are overworked and emotionally exhausted. It is like the Turley of Italy. Where the hell did you find this; and can you get us more???????

Oh I got it for 12 bucks a bottle.

The best $576 I ever spent.

PS Mak says dark and earthy, but really smooth too. She is moving to arizona.

I will miss her.

edited for drunken 4 pm mispellings

Edited by Carema (log)

over it

Yes, In a past life I was an importer when I lived in the USA. This is a great wine made by great people. I doubt they are currently available in the USA as Colline Lucchesi wines are not exactly a hot item. You need to find crazy people like me to go out and do the missionary work to find people like you. Unfortunately there aren't many people like you so a lot of great wines just can't find their way through the anti-small producer and retailer three tier system.