• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

CHLOE

Tom D

Making preparations to go with another couple on a Saturday night and am still a bit wary of no rez places.  Anyone know a typical wait for a table at Chloe?  It's been on my list and unless its a really long wait I am inclined to make an attempt. 

Evan

Worth the wait, in my opinion. Well, except in bitterly cold weather. No restaurant is worth the wait outside on a cold winter night.

Rich Pawlak

Reporter, The Trentonian

Feature Writer, INSIDE Magazine
Food Writer At Large

MY BLOG: THE OMNIVORE

"In Cerveza et Pizza Veritas"

Making preparations to go with another couple on a Saturday night and am still a bit wary of no rez places.  Anyone know a typical wait for a table at Chloe?  It's been on my list and unless its a really long wait I am inclined to make an attempt. 

Evan

Get there by 5:30pm or there is a good chance you will have a long wait.

Definitely good advice on a Friday.

But if you had to wait, I suppose you could always give your cell number and wait at Charlie's Pub on 3rd, assuming they'll allow that.

Herb aka "herbacidal"

Tom is not my friend.

• 1 month later...

I finally made it to Chloe last night for an excellent meal. It is really a tiny place - 9 tables - but when we went the wait was mercifully shorter than we expected.

We had terrific service and more terrific food. I started with a regular menu item - the roasted beet salad which is whole roasted baby beets, sweetened toasted pecans, blue cheese, mandarin oranges and mixed greens. A great combination of salty and sweet all around.

My entree was a venison addition to the menu. Medallions, perfectly cooked medium rare in a cherry demi sauce along with a parsnip puree and glazed carrots. I also shared my wife's second plate which was a friggin' awesome pan sauteed sweetbread dish prepared with ultralight potato gnocchi in a veal demi glace.

For dessert, we shared a banana bread pudding a la mode.

I popped into the kitchen to meet/chat with the chef owners, Maryanne and Dan, whom I'd heard nice things about. They are really nice people who obviously seem to be have a great time in the kitchen.

Another great Philadelphia BYO. VERY reasonable at $145 for 4 before tip and everyone had apps and entrees. Worth waiting for a table.

Evan

Dough can sense fear.