• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Viktualienmark in Munich

I will complete the write up later today, but wanted to post a few pictures from a recent visit to the Viktualienmarkt in Munich. This is a food market dating back to the 1807 in the heart of Munich.

This place was huge, I will check on how many acres it covered.

i6211.jpg

Fairly typical arrangement with vendors grouped by food type. There were about 15-20 produce vendors the same size as this one.

i6212.jpg

You work up a thirst, so of course there was a beer garden in the center of the market.

i6213.jpg

I lost count of how many different vendors there were selling cured meats and sausages. It was a dazzling array of meat. Lo carb heaven.

i6214.jpg

cute women having fun and handing our free samples of ham....what is not to like about this place.

Edited by NewYorkTexan (log)

• 3 years later...