• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

WTN: French

GordonCooks

2001 Louis Jadot Meursault Perrieres - Nice woody vanilla - I hesistate to use the word oak because I don't want to scare anyone but it applies here. Nice gravel, creamy, yeasty, tropical fruit and honey. The finish goes on and on and on.....tasty!

1996 Jacques Cacheux Vosne-Romanee "Les Suchots" -

Deep ruby/purple color with a bing cherry/redberry nose. Big and muscular with firm tannins The lingering finish revealed an unusual cherry cough syrup note that may have just been me

1990 Chateau Cantemerle - Not as concentrated or extracted as I thought it would be. Nice and balanced with black fruit, some toasted nuts. Drink it now

1994 Leon Beyer Gewurztraminer "SGN" - I remember this wine as being a little on the delicate side but I found it balanced and tasty. This entire TN may be comprimised because at this point - this must have been my 12th glass of wine over a 2 hour period.