• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chateau Tertre Grand Mayne

Keith Talent

It's from the Entre-Deux-Mers appellation. I've not had it, but I have had other reds from the appellation, and they've been farily decent values for the money in good vintages (although I find the whites from the same appellation more interesting). I'd drink it younger than older.

We cannot employ the mind to advantage when we are filled with excessive food and drink - Cicero

Ch Grand Mayne is an excellent St Emillion

Ch Tertre-Roteboeuf is another excellent St Emilion as is Ch Tertre-Daugay.

CH du Tertre is a 5th growh Margaux. Its second wine is Les Hauts du Tetre

Ch Tertre Grand Mayne is Entre-deux-Mers, mostly white

Edited by jackal10 (log)

Yeah, I should have put the appellation.

I was at my Government run store yesterday, and they had four cases on clearance at the front of the store, from 18.00 to 10.00. Bought a couple bottles rushed home and cracked one. Immediately sent my wife back to scoop the rest, I felt bad swiping it all, as the cashier told me he was going to grab a case after his shift, and I have to continue to shop there.

Anyway, it was pleasant, light but with good varietal characteristics. Considerably more elegant and refined than most ten dollar bottles. I'm pretty proud of my score, but was hoping to find a little info regarding the producer and the back story of the wine. The wine is corked with a long solid cork, which leads me to beleive that somewhere, someone belives that this is more than just cheap swill.