• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Smithwick's Ale

beans

Guinness USA today announced the arrival of Smithwick's Irish Ale to the United States, just in time to be enjoyed on St. Patrick's Day. This is the first time that Smithwick's, Ireland's oldest and most popular ale, will be available in the U.S.

Press release here.

Yum.

Cheers!

On tap at Magnetic Fields on Atlantic Avenue in brooklyn. Tastes a good.

-mjr

�As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy, and to make plans.� - Ernest Hemingway, in �A Moveable Feast�

Brooklyn, NY, USA