• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

tafia

jscarbor

Thanks for picking that up. (I was remiss on my digest duties last week. Haven't played catch up yet. :blink: ) That kind of high praise means I will definitely go there.

Linda LaRose aka "fifi"

"Having spent most of my life searching for truth in the excitement of science, I am now in search of the perfectly seared foie gras without any sweet glop." Linda LaRose

One reason why we have not seen such high praise is because Monica Pope hasn't opened a new restaurant in quite a while.

(Now let's see if Texas Monthly pays it a visit too!hehehe)

Frank in Austin

Robb Walsh gives an excellent review for this new Houston eatery:

T'afia

I am not sure I agree with his complain about the meaning of the name. I mean the restaurant is supposed to be Mediterranean not Creole or African so taking the Mediterranean/European meaning of the word seems very appropriate. Any thoughts?

Elie

E. Nassar
Houston, TX

My Blog