• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Gustav Anders

jschyun

W'happen? Did they give a reason for closing?

Seems they never really were able to find their feet again after moving from San Diego a decade ago. When they left San Diego, the Union-Tribune restaurant critic (don't remember his name) actually went into mourning, saying that the city was losing its very finest restaurant. Unfortunately, nobody (except for you) seemed to think that highly of them in OC.

Sun-Ki Chai
http://www2.hawaii.edu/~sunki/

Former Hawaii Forum Host

Well, I love Gustav Anders, but mostly I love the Back Pocket, because I wasn't usually rich enough to eat at G A. Yeah, they were empty often. But they did have excellent food. Of course, I have very little to compare it with. How many Swedish fine dining establishments in OC do you know?

Apparently, they are retiring, and going back to Sweden. Sunday is his b-day so they're having some shindig and it's totally booked. I have reservations for fri lunch and possibly sat lunch.

Read the bottom of this article. It mentions the closing briefly.

Edited by jschyun (log)

I love cold Dinty Moore beef stew. It is like dog food! And I am like a dog.

--NeroW

Well, now that my cash flow is lower, thanks to my latest eating rampage, I suppose this is as good a time as any to try the Ikea $1.99 dinner special.

I love cold Dinty Moore beef stew. It is like dog food! And I am like a dog.

--NeroW

Well, now that my cash flow is lower, thanks to my latest eating rampage, I suppose this is as good a time as any to try the Ikea $1.99 dinner special.

Aaaack! You get that right outta your system before we have lunch! I want a Chicago hot dog and none of Ikea's meatballs! :biggrin:

Deb

Liberty, MO