• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Casa Tua Miami Beach

robyn

My husband and I went to Casa Tua last year, shortly after they opened, and it was just lovely. We sat outside on the terrace, there was a great dog, a cute little kid running around, we almost could have been in Italy. The mood was very Italian for sure. Food was very, very good. There is a great bar on the second floor and you can have a nice pre-dinner drink out on the balcony. I think you'll have a very nice time!

Sorry, I have never been to Casa Tua.  However, while you are in Miami, you might want to try Baleen at Grove Isle. It has been fantastic each time I have been there.  If you like Spanish food, Casa Juancho, superior service, authentic food and a miami tradition.

We used to live at Grove Isle. Had some differences with the developer - and left almost 10 years ago. No matter how good the restaurant there is - I don't think my husband would set foot there again.

We have been to Casa Juancho. I agree - it's good (at least it was last time I was there - but I haven't been there for a while). Robyn

My husband and I went to Casa Tua last year, shortly after they opened, and it was just lovely. We sat outside on the terrace, there was a great dog, a cute little kid running around, we almost could have been in Italy. The mood was very Italian for sure. Food was very, very good.  There is a great bar on the second floor and you can have a nice pre-dinner drink out on the balcony.  I think you'll have a very nice time!

My only concern about Casa Tua was reading a recent newspaper article about how the restaurant had docked all its employees $100 out of their pay checks for $16,000 in parts of table settings - especially napkins - that had simply disappeared in the last few months or so. This is the article. I can't imagine that would result in a happy staff. I think if pilferage has been a problem - it would have been more to the point to find out who was responsible (whether it was certain employees or patrons stuffing place settings in their purses). Robyn