• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dacquoise

FoodMan

Lemon dacquoise is fabulous this time of year.  It kind of fakes you out as the lemon flavor makes you feel as if you're not TRULY eating all that buttercream!

Depending on what I have, I use either hazelnut or almond (or sometimes a mixture of the two) dacquoise.  Lemon buttercream between and on top and a layer of straight lemon curd on top of the top layer of buttercream.  Press sliced and toasted almonds or chopped toasted hazelnuts all 'round.

Do you have a favorite lemon buttercream? I've never made lemon before, and this sounds nice.

Cheryl, The Sweet Side

Do you have a favorite lemon buttercream?  I've never made lemon before, and this sounds nice.

Just add lemon curd to your favorite French buttercream recipe. To a recipe including 24 ounces of butter, I think I add about a cup of lemon curd. Start testing it after a half cup or so, keeping in mind that it will be a much milder flavor than the curd itself, and don't go too far and add too much or it'll curdle on you.

Make lots of curd or just make lots of lemon buttercream -- they both freeze well -- as you'll be wanting to make another one soon!

Edited by kitwilliams (log)

kit

"I'm bringing pastry back"

Weebl

• 6 years later...

Does dacquoise cake freeze well? I am making Peter Gilmore's eight textures of chocolate cake and i want to freeze it for neater unmoulding. The only element I am concernedis dacquiose, that sits between choco mousse and choco caramel ganache. I would not want it to go soggy after defrosting.

Any advice?