• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Flu

That really crappy Lipton's Chicken Soup dry mix is so salty that I can't deal with it normally. However, when I'm sick with a very bad cold or the flu or THE FLU (!) I whip that up (unless my mom comes to the rescue with homemade stuff - a rare and lucky occasion). Somehow the extreme salt, broth and noodles comfort the soul and clean the sinuses. It works for me. There are probably folks out there that would object vehemently to such a suggestion but . . .

It's not that I get cured but I get clear enough to sleep and, when ill, sleep seems to be very restorative.

For what it's worth,

nelli

Okay its official -- I am awake, I showered and I dont look like something the cat dragged in (i know that is debatable even I feel normal)

No fever yet

I am doing the hot tea thing. Rasam helps somedays, but right now the pepper is irritating my throat

Also doing the halls and hot water thing

thanks all this has been very helpful

and yes.. the sympathy counts towards 200% of my feeling better

:wub:

Monica Bhide

A Life of Spice