• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sea Wynde with extra's

John von Pey

Hi all,

Today I found (and bought) a bottle of Sea Wynde in the Netherlands (in Arnhem to be exactly). It came with two extra's:

- a pewter (?) keyring (Made in Mexico), with on one side the Zacapa label, and on the other side three lines of text: - Great Spirits - 1-800-882-8140 - www.greatspirits.com

I suppose the second line is a phonenumber?

- a booklet. If you take a legal size sheet of paper, and fold in lenghtwise in two, you've got the size of it. It contains of two sheets of paper, which makes 8 sides in total.

Front cover: Blue with the Sea Wynde label

1st page: A history of rum

2nd page: Sea Wynde (this is a short history of the brand)

page 3/4 a large colour ad with all the good points of Sea Wynde, and a bottle / glass

5th page: tasting notes (by Jim Murray)

6th page: Sea Wynde (a short history of Great Spirits, how they got into rums)

Back cover: Just plain blue, with the adresses in the USA (Texas and Rego Park)

and yes, the phonenumber mentioned earlier is printed on the back cover with the Texas adress.

Hi, John -

You're correct about the phone number. It's a toll-free number in the US. Not surprising about Jim Murray's tasting notes. If I'm not mistaken, Jim developed this blend :-)

Happy Holidays!

Jay

Where there's a still, there's a way.

• 3 weeks later...

I've seen the pamphlet and have to say that the tasting notes (for the previous bottling anyway) was one helluva lot of rubbish!! JM used to do our tasting notes for our whiskies but they were always a little convaluted that we had to re-write them.

• 2 weeks later...