• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

WTN: 1979 Chateau Margaux

tjaehnigen

1979 Chateau Margaux

This was tasted at the November 2003 DC Crü gathering

This I only got a small taste/smell of. But it had an outrageous roasted walnuts and chestnuts nose That was quite wild. It was fairly dead on the palate though. Lots of nuttiness was hiding the fruit, which was still there, but behind the scenes. Still, interesting experience. And hey, it was free! I’d rate the little bit I had with ??85?? TJ points. I really have no idea. The nose was very kewl though.

(Jaimetown’s TNs)-- Poor vintage for Bordeaux, I think. This didn't really do anything for me.

(Fred’s TNs)-- Very Good but I only had a thimble full and really didn't get a ton out of it. That lady who brought it over and darn near put the bottle through the table was looped!