• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

TN: 2000 Kistler Durell Vineyard Chardonnay

tjaehnigen

Had this with my Laboratorio del Galileo gastronomic experience celebrating my 10th anniversary with Mrs. TJ. First small glass was a little too warm still, so we let it chill for a course and a half and tried to keep our hands off of it as we let it develop further. Stems were good, but didn't check exactly what.

This wine had a nice deep golden color. A nose of doughnuts and pineapple drifted upward as I flooded my moth with this nectar. Holy crap this is good wine. More pineapple and doughnuts mixed with honey and what I originally described as nut-cream, but I think was better described by mountainman above as macedemia nuts. Superbly put together wine with a delectable finish. I am dying to get my hands on more of this wine.

I will agree with jb's rating on this one --

TJ points = 94