• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dogfish 60 Minute IPA

fimbul

Just discovered Dogfish Head's 60 Minute IPA. I bought the first six-pack off my local store's shelves and consumed most of it in joy and wonderment that very night (it was Friday, I was allowed). The bits I didn't greedily guzzle went to my girlfriend, who liked it almost as much as I did, but backed off in defrence to me when I began to sob and moan and kiss the bottle.

For those of you in the middle parts of the east coast of USAia, this beer is a must have. It may have caused to me forswear even my beloved Hop Devil. It's a bottle-conditioned real ale with a great, mildly citrusy hop flavor with a slightly-roasty malt flavor right behind. (I'm not a trained reviewer: I liked it, it was good, go try it yourself... unless you live in the Northern Virginia area, in which case keep your mitts off it, because it's mine, MINE! DO YOU HEAR?)

It's nowhere near as overpowering as Dogfish's 90 Minute IPA, if you were put off by that stuff. And at a mere 6% ABV, it might be my new session beer of choice.

A jumped-up pantry boy who never knew his place.