• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

St. Tropez in Fairfield

hensonville

Had dinner there on fri. night. Food is good at best. All entrees come with the same starch & veg(provencale stuffed tomato,cous-cous and haricot vert)

But what we had was well prepared and was very reasonably priced. Wine list is poor IMO. Very limited with poor representations of Bordeaux and Rhone wines. The decent wines they have are overpriced for the quality.

The bar area which is seperate from the dining room was PACKED with kids from Fairfield U and Sacred Heart, however they did not infringe on our dining experience at all.

Would I go again? Yes I would. However I would call ahead to check on a corkage fee>

If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding. How could you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat!??

• 2 weeks later...
I think you are right with the wine list being over priced and yes I would go  back for dinner at any time especially when they have the PATANG day of celebrations

Could you offer some information on what the PATANG day of celebrations is? This doesn't sound like either a Fairfield or St. Tropez event. What am I missing?

Robert Buxbaum

WorldTable

Recent WorldTable posts include: comments about reporting on Michelin stars in The NY Times, the NJ proposal to ban foie gras, Michael Ruhlman's comments in blogs about the NJ proposal and Bill Buford's New Yorker article on the Food Network.

My mailbox is full. You may contact me via worldtable.com.

Patang, I love this game, specially spring and fall. Yes, there is Pataang (Spell?) competetion in the month of July. What I have learnt is the French Revolution day which is July 14, year ???? called Bastille day, usually have this game to celebrate Bastille day. I am not certainly a historian, I love food, good food !! It is on a Sunday and I swear I had fun last year. Lot of French street vendors including food and they have a special drink which is kind of annisette flavored cocktail. They are great

Last night in this snow we made it to St. Tropez. Had a very decent meal.

Amazed I was with the new bar in the side room, called "O". Been told by the bartender it gets busy on the weekends. Will check it out.

Fun