• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Shel_B

Shel_B

spelling/typo error

1 hour ago, ElsieD said:

Here's one method for applestroop.  This requires only apples and maybe a smidgen of sugar.  Other recipes I've found call for various spices, with no consistency from one to another.  I'd be tempted to try this one, but i don't have a juicer.  Maybe in the fall I'll try it when I can buy fresh apple juice at one of our local apple orchards.

https://www.toineskitchen.com/recipes/appelstroop/

Thanks, again.  I'll look at the recipe when I return from errands later this morning.

If I recall, you have a Vitamix ... Well, I, too, don't have a juicer, but I've been using my Vitamix model 5300 for making juice with excellent results.  Apart from the machine, the only thing needed is a method for straining the juice, and this is what I've been using to accomplish that:

(eG-friendly Amazon.com link)

I've been using the same bag for seven years. It's durable, of a good size, easy to clean, and free of harmful chemicals.

Apples are on my list to purchase this morning, and if I can get the kind I want, apple juice will be one of todays projects.

Thanks again!

Shel_B

Shel_B

21 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

Here's one method for applestroop.  This requires only apples and maybe a smidgen of sugar.  Other recipes I've found call for various spices, with no consistency from one to another.  I'd be tempted to try this one, but i don't have a juicer.  Maybe in the fall I'll try it when I can buy fresh apple juice at one of our local apple orchards.

https://www.toineskitchen.com/recipes/appelstroop/

Thanks, again.  I'll look at the recipe when I return from errands later this morning.

If I recall, you have a Vitamix ... Well, I, too, don't have a juicer, but I've been using my Vitamix model 5300 for making juice with excellent results.  Apart from the machine, the only thing needed is a method for straining the juice, and this is what I've been using to accomplish that:

(eG-friendly Amazon.com link)

I've been using the same bag for seven years. It's durable, of a good size, easy to clean, and free of harmful chemicals.

Apples are on my list to purchase this morning, and if I can get the kind I want, apple juice will be on of todays projects.

Thanks again!