• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Lindacakes

Lindacakes

Bad English.

I'm not as regular as I've been, so it is a shock to find this out.  My condolences to Anna's family and to Kerry, and to all of us who are part of this family of eGullet.

Anna was always my favorite of the Big eGulleters.  I loved her point of view, her expansive knowledge and experience, and her kindness when I would reach out to her with a question.  If I was poking around looking for something to read, if I saw her name, I read it.  If I saw her name, I took it as gospel*.  If I saw her name, I felt happy.

This experience of being part of the eGullet family is diminished, and yet not, because everything we contribute becomes part of the great body of knowledge that we share.  For as long as there is an eGullet, what we have contributed is permanent.  Anna lives on, then, not just in hearts, but in minds, and especially, for those who will come here to learn.  They have yet to meet Anna, and yet to love her.

* Except not beans.  I love beans.

Lindacakes

Lindacakes

I'm not as regular as I've been, so it is a shock to find this out.  My condolences to Anna's family and to Kerry, and to all of us who are part of this family of eGullet.

Anna was always my favorite of the Big eGulleters.  I loved her point of view, her expansive knowledge and experience, and her kindness when I would reach out to her with a question.  If I was poking around looking for something to read, if I saw her name, I read it.  If I saw her name, I took it as gospel*.  If I saw her name, I felt happy.

This experience of being part of the eGullet family is diminished, and yet, because everything we contribute becomes part of the great body of knowledge that we share.  For as long as there is an eGullet, what we have contributed is permanent.  Anna lives on, then, not just in hearts, but in minds, and especially, for those who will come here to learn.  They have yet to meet Anna, and yet to love her.

* Except not beans.  I love beans.