• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

MaryIsobel

MaryIsobel

Well, the best laid plans...We have been eating but it has either been a spontaneous decision while out walking or really not picture worthy. Last night we went looking for somewhere for dinner. We found a great place but the table was outside and not very well lit for photos. Daughter's fiance and I had chicken caesars as we both felt the need for veggies. My daughter had a shrimp burrito which she said was really good. My husband, fresh from the dentist had Azteca Soup which was a spicy tomato base to which one could add diced avacado, cojita cheese, fried tortilla strips and crema, all served on the side. It was a good dinner. Another dental appointment today for my husband so I went out for breakfast which ended up to be a Funky Monkey smoothie; banana, peanut butter (almond butter was an option) and almond milk (regular milk was also an option.) It was delicious, not too sweet and very filling. However, it was a murky beige colour in a plastic cup so not very photogenic. Tonight we went to Happy Hour at the Nauti Burro for drinks and chips and pico de gallo and guac for snacks. I had a frozen mango margarita. The rim is tamarind and chilis and salt. I'll definitely pick up some tamarind. Dinner tonight is chicken and cheese quesadillas which will be made by my husband. Sliced avacados, mangos and tomatoes to go with. He is the king of cooking hot and fast but I've warned him. We shall see. It's a beautiful spot and I spent the morning on a hanging bed, reading poolside.

mango marg - 1.jpeg

pool bed - 1.jpeg

MaryIsobel

MaryIsobel

Well, the best laid plans...We have been eating but it has either been a spontaneous decision while out walking or really not picture worthy. Last night we went looking for somewhere for dinner. We found a great place but the table outside and not very well lit for photos. Daughter's fiance and I had chicken caesars as we both felt the need for veggies. My daughter had a shrimp burrito which she said was really good. My husband, fresh from the dentist had Azteca Soup which was a spicy tomato base to which one could add diced avacado, cojita cheese, fried tortilla strips and crema, all served on the side. It was a good dinner. Another dental appointment today for my husband so I went out for breakfast which ended up to be a Funky Monkey smoothie; banana, peanut butter (almond butter was an option) and almond milk (regular milk was also an option.) It was delicious, not too sweet and very filling. However, it was a murky beige colour in a plastic cup so not very photogenic. Tonight we went to Happy Hour at the Nauti Burro for drinks and chips and pico de gallo and guac for snacks. I had a frozen mango margarita. The rim is tamarind and chilis and salt. I'll definitely pick up some tamarind. Dinner tonight is chicken and cheese quesadillas which will be made by my husband. Sliced avacados, mangos and tomatoes to go with. He is the king of cooking hot and fast but I've warned him. We shall see. It's a beautiful spot and I spent the morning on a hanging bed, reading poolside.

mango marg - 1.jpeg

pool bed - 1.jpeg