• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

2 hours ago, KennethT said:

We don't have crocodile here, but we have alligator.  I've had it in restaurants - quite tasty - kind of like chicken, but I'd say more like a large steak of frogs legs. Very mildly flavored.  I can even get alligator steaks (which come from the tail) from one of the online supermarkets I use.

Alligator is also common here; more so than crocodile. I've had it often.

1 hour ago, Tropicalsenior said:

Would the taste be different or would it be similar?

They are similar. I'd say the crocodile is 'meatier', but that's mostly texture.

liuzhou

liuzhou

2 hours ago, KennethT said:

We don't have crocodile here, but we have alligator.  I've had it in restaurants - quite tasty - kind of like chicken, but I'd say more like a large steak of frogs legs. Very mildly flavored.  I can even get alligator steaks (which come from the tail) from one of the online supermarkets I use.

Alligator is also common here; more so than crocodile. I've had it often.

1 hour ago, Tropicalsenior said:

Would the taste be different or would it be similar?

The are similar. I'd say the crocodile is 'meatier', but that's mostly texture.