• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

jedovaty

jedovaty

They got back to me and said I need to tighten to stop then turn two full rotations back.  I also found instructions on their website which have similar steps.  They didn't address whether the stone needs to be replaced.

I asked them some follow up questions but haven't heard back, been over a week now. 

I will replace the stone since the epoxy is coming off and I'm too lazy to fix that.  Having written that, any idea whether I have the large or small drum?  My current drum has an 8.5" diameter and 5.5" internal height.  I did not find drum dimensions on their site.

Thank you!

jedovaty

jedovaty

They got back to me and said I need to tighten to stop then turn two full rotations back.  I also found instructions on their website which have similar steps.  They didn't address whether the stone needs to be replaced.

I asked them some follow up questions but haven't heard back, been over a week now. 

I will replace the stone since the epoxy is coming off and I'm too lazy to fix that.  Having written that, any idea whether I have the large or small drum?  My current drum has an 8.5" diameter and 5.5" internal height.

Thank you!