• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

MetsFan5

MetsFan5

16 hours ago, Smithy said:

I"m not sure I've ever seen wine in cans. Is this common in Germany?

Wine in cans have been available to me for at least 5 years. They’re also common at professional sporting events and concerts. I remember taking car service to see Billy Joel at MSG in 2018 with my best friend and both our moms. We pre-gamed with some canned wine. They were acceptable for the circumstances but I’d never seek them out. 

That was a while ago so I’m sure the market has improved. 

My dinner tonight was a pint of really good chicken pastina soup from a local “Chop’t” like salad chain and pretzels made by my neighbor’s mother on his last trip home to India. The spices are so complex that it’s worth the burning tongue. 

MetsFan5

MetsFan5

16 hours ago, Smithy said:

I"m not sure I've ever seen wine in cans. Is this common in Germany?

Wine in cans have been available to me for at least 5 years. They’re also common at professional sporting events and concerts. I remember taking car service to see Billy Joel at MSG in 2017 with my best friend and both our moms. We pre-gamed with some canned wine. They were acceptable for the circumstances but I’d never seek them out. 

That was a while ago so I’m sure the market has improved. 

My dinner tonight was a pint of really good chicken pastina soup from a local “Chop’t” like salad chain and pretzels made by my neighbor’s mother on his last trip home to India. The spices are so complex that it’s worth the burning tongue.