• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Sid Post

Sid Post

4 hours ago, weinoo said:

Have you looked at the prices on Amazon because they are way less than that?

Maybe you're unable to use Amazon?

When I posted originally, Amazon only had Bob's Red Mill pancake mixes at >$20 per box which was simply unrealistic for someone looking for a reasonable pancake mix.  When I can get Kodiak locally for $5/box, there was no way I would pay $27/box for the Buckwheat pancake mix.

Today, I found some vendors with 4 boxes per order that were in the mid-$20's so, ~$6~$8 per box which was more 'palatable' for me.  I have some Bob's Red Mill Buckwheat and 7/10 grain pancake mix ordered to try out.  In the meantime, I found a box of Krusteaz Buttermilk which I brought home from my trip to Lowes in the 'big city' ~35 miles away.

I hit several larger stores while I was in town and, the main grocery store chain had no Bob's Red Mill or Krusteaz pancake mix.  Walmart was my best source but, they had none of the store brand, one variety of Pearl (aka Aunt Jemima), some Bisquick, and the Krusteaz I bought (only 2 boxes left).

Sid Post

Sid Post

When I posted originally, Amazon only had Bob's Red Mill pancake mixes at >$20 per box which was simply unrealistic for someone looking for a reasonable pancake mix.  When I can get Kodiak locally for $5/box, there was no way I would pay $27/box for the Buckwheat pancake mix.

Today, I found some vendors with 4 boxes per order that were in the mid-$20's so, ~$6~$8 per box which was more 'palatable' for me.  I have some Bob's Red Mill Buckwheat and 7/10 grain pancake mix ordered to try out.  In the meantime, I found a box of Krusteaz Buttermilk which I brought home from my trip to Lowes in the 'big city' ~35 miles away.

I hit several large stores while I was in town and, the main grocery store chain had no Bob's Red Mill or Krusteaz pancake mix.  Walmart was my best source but, they had none of the store brand, one variety of Pearl (aka Aunt Jemimia), some Bisquick, and the Krusteaz I bought (only 2 boxes left).

Sid Post

Sid Post