• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Shelby

Shelby

3 hours ago, Martin Fisher said:

Best Way To Get Started with Good Tea AKA I Don't Know What I'm Doing...

Suggestions, Please!

When you say good tea, do you mean tea that tastes good, or "fancy" type teas?--not to say that this can't be both lol.

I've hated hot tea my whole life.  HATED IT.  Somewhere I heard the most apt description ever "Tea tastes like a hot, wet brown paper bag" .

But, I've lately wanted something hot to drink in the mornings and the caffeine in coffee makes me feel icky sometimes so I turned to tea.

I actually like the fruit flavored Celestial Seasonings a lot. 

Favorite is tied between Blueberry and Mandarin Orange Spice.  But, also enjoy the Lemon Zinger..and the others listed are drinkable too.

I use two bags per mug and the largest setting on my Keurig coffee maker.

Disregard this post if you're looking for more high-brow suggestions 😁

Shelby

Shelby

3 hours ago, Martin Fisher said:

Best Way To Get Started with Good Tea AKA I Don't Know What I'm Doing...

Suggestions, Please!

When you say good tea, do you mean tea that tastes good, or "fancy" type teas?

I've hated hot tea my whole life.  HATED IT.  Somewhere I heard the most apt description ever "Tea tastes like a hot, wet brown paper bag" .

But, I've lately wanted something hot to drink in the mornings and the caffeine in coffee makes me feel icky sometimes so I turned to tea.

I actually like the fruit flavored Celestial Seasonings a lot. 

Favorite is tied between Blueberry and Mandarin Orange Spice.  But, also enjoy the Lemon Zinger..and the others listed are drinkable too.

I use two bags per mug and the largest setting on my Keurig coffee maker.

Disregard this post if you're looking for more high-brow suggestions 😁