• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

The people I bake for adore amd clamor/beg for Linzer bars. Butter, sugar, flour, coursly ground walnuts and more cinnamon than one would think. Pressed into pan, spread with raspberry jam lightened wth just a touch of lemon juice. Topped wih same mixture of dough but sort of crumbled on top.  It gets sort of candyish in some parts and just soft/jammy in others - 350F until it smells and looks right. (Kill me now Kenji/Stella)  Yeast raised fried doughnuts with jam filling squirted in are pretty addictive too, We are coming up on Lent - so Fastnacht style.

heidih

heidih

The people I bake for adore amd clamor/beg for Linzer bars. Butter, sugar, four, coursey ground walnuts and more cinnamon than obe would think. Pressed into pan, spread with raspberry jam lightened wth just a touch of lemon juice. Topped wih same mixture of dough but sort of crumbled on top.  It gets sort of candyish in some parts and just soft/jammy in others - 350F until it smells and looks right. (Kill me now Kenji/Stella)  Yeast raised fried doughnuts with jam filling squirted in are pretty addictive too, We are coming up on Lent - so Fastnacht style.

heidih

heidih

The people I bake for adore amd clamor/beg for Linzer bars. Butter, sugar, four, coursey ground walnuts and more cinnamon than obe would think. Pressed into pan, spread with raspberry jam lightened wth just a touch of lemon juice. Topped wih same mixture of dough but sort of crumbled on top.  It gets sort of candyish in some parts and just soft/jammy in others - 350F until it smells and ooks right. (Kill me nown Kenji/Stella)  Yeast raised fried doughnuts with jam filling squirted in are pretty addictive too, We are coming uo on Lent - so Fastnacht style.