• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

I should note that the bagged luosifen is available in the USA and in the UK. Don't know about Canada. There is or was also a luosifen restaurant in Seattle which a friend went to. She reported that it wasn't as good as Liuzhou, but better than bagged.

The article says that

The soup ($10.99) is filled with wide, round rice noodles and an abundance of toppings. Enough toppings that listing them might be tedious, but, oh well, here’s what I counted in one bowl: a soy-brined hard-boiled egg, blanched baby bok choy, pickled green beans, a chunk of braised pig trotter, crispy pork belly, roasted pork, tofu skins, bamboo shoots, scallions and wood ear mushrooms. A little dish of roasted peanuts — sprinkle on top at your leisure — comes on the side.

I haver never seen "a chunk of braised pig trotter, crispy pork belly, roasted pork" in a luosifen. He has gone off-piste on that part. Also, the image of the dish at the top looks nothing like the real thing.

The restaurant has now closed according to some reports; not to others. I'll try to find out.

liuzhou

liuzhou

I should note that the bagged luosifen is available in the USA and in the UK. Don't know about Canada. There was also a luosifen restaurant in Seattle which a friend went to. She reported that it wasn't as good as Liuzhou, but better than bagged.

The article says that

The soup ($10.99) is filled with wide, round rice noodles and an abundance of toppings. Enough toppings that listing them might be tedious, but, oh well, here’s what I counted in one bowl: a soy-brined hard-boiled egg, blanched baby bok choy, pickled green beans, a chunk of braised pig trotter, crispy pork belly, roasted pork, tofu skins, bamboo shoots, scallions and wood ear mushrooms. A little dish of roasted peanuts — sprinkle on top at your leisure — comes on the side.

I haver never seen "a chunk of braised pig trotter, crispy pork belly, roasted pork" in a luosifen. He has gone off-piste on that part. Also, the image of the dish at the top looks nothing like the real thing.

The restaurant has now closed.

liuzhou

liuzhou

I should note that the bagged luosifen is available in the USA and in the UK. Don't know about Canada. There is also a luosifen restaurant in Seattle which a friend has been to. She reported that it wasn't as good as Liuzhou, but better than bagged.

The article says that

liuzhou

liuzhou

I should note that the bagged luosifen is available in the USA and in the UK. Don't know about Canada. There is also a luosifen restaurant in Seattle which a friend has been to. She reported that it wasn't as good as Liuzhou, but better than bagged.

The article says that

I haver never seen "a chunk of braised pig trotter, crispy pork belly, roasted pork" in a luosifen. He has gone off-piste on that part.