• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

16 minutes ago, KennethT said:

I'm curious as to the rice paddy eels (and other rice paddy aquatic animals).  Are they farmed or wild?  By this I mean, are the paddies stocked with baby eels or do they get there naturally?  If naturally, how do they get there?  Where do they go when the paddy is drained?

I don't know much about it. I guess they are semi-farmed in that the paddies are stocked but thereafter left to their own devices. When the paddies are drained any remaining livestock goes wherever the water goes ?????

I'll try to get more info next time I'm out and about.

liuzhou

liuzhou

2 minutes ago, KennethT said:

I'm curious as to the rice paddy eels (and other rice paddy aquatic animals).  Are they farmed or wild?  By this I mean, are the paddies stocked with baby eels or do they get there naturally?  If naturally, how do they get there?  Where do they go when the paddy is drained?

I don't know much about it. I guess they are semi-farmed in that the paddies are stocked but thereafter left to their own devices. When the paddies are drained any remaining livestock goes wherever the water goes ?????

I'll try to get more info net time I'm out and about.