• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

jmacnaughtan

jmacnaughtan

1 minute ago, jmacnaughtan said:

I've always thought that the only difference between a sweet Pithiviers and a Galette des Rois was the fève... 

Interestingly, I was in the village of Pithiviers this summer. Turns out they are immensely proud of both the classic Pithiviers and this, the Pithiviers fondant:

IMG_20200801_090205351.thumb.jpg.894cbf5a81053f628e46c5ef97f1cbc7.jpg

Disappointingly, it's just an almond cake. Tasty, but nothing particularly special.

My apologies for veering wildly off-topic, I was just reminded of this.

jmacnaughtan

jmacnaughtan

Just now, jmacnaughtan said:

I've always thought that the only difference between a sweet Pithiviers and a Galette des Rois was the fève... 

Interestingly, I was in the village of Pithiviers this summer. Turns out they are immensely proud of both the classic Pithiviers and this, the Pithiviers fondant:

IMG_20200801_090205351.thumb.jpg.894cbf5a81053f628e46c5ef97f1cbc7.jpg

Disappointingly, it's just an almond cake. Tasty, but nothing particularly special.

ETA: my apologies for veering wildly off-topic, I was just reminded of this.