• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

jimb0

jimb0

i have lots of problems with the ferrandi book (i like to call it the ferangi book), starting with the fact that it seems like nobody edited it. also, i don't know who reads a book across both pages horizontally like this before going up and down, it's very frustrating (and has a few tips that i think are just wrong; like putting boiling water in an oven to proof croissants?? all the butter just melts out in my experience. anyway i'm going off on a tangent as it's still an overall worthwhile book with a ton of technique and inspiration; i've learned a lot.

but yeah, i agree that i think the issue was just too much filling.

jimb0

jimb0

i have lots of problems with the ferrandi book (i like to call it the ferangi book), starting with the fact that it seems like nobody edited it. also, i don't know who reads a book across both pages across like this before going up and down, it's very frustrating (and has a few tips that i think are just wrong; like putting boiling water in an oven to proof croissants?? all the butter just melts out in my experience. anyway i'm going off on a tangent as it's still an overall worthwhile book with a ton of technique and inspiration; i've learned a lot.

but yeah, i agree that i think the issue was just too much filling.