• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

AlaMoi

AlaMoi

I've had 'masher' type thingies, I've had sliders - threw the square cup thing away and used a spatula to squeeze the batter through....

I have the quisi-pro ricer - that works with the biggest hole plate - but it's a pita to use (small volume per pass) and a mess to clean-up.

the batter/dough is indeed dead simple - but the resulting size & shape depends on how 'thick' it is.  if it's too thin it basically drizzles into the water in strings - I prefer the cheese doodle style.  however, there's recipes with eggs, or milk, or cream, and combos, and cheese

then,,,, there's the Black Forest version - using a flat edge, create a thin layer on a board/plate and chop off thin strips into the pot.

AlaMoi

AlaMoi

I've had 'masher' type thingies, I've had sliders - threw the square cup thing away and used a spatula to squeeze the batter through....

I have the quisi-pro ricer - that works with the biggest hole plate - but it's a pita to use (small volume per pass) and a mess to clean-up.

the batter/dough is indeed dead simple - but the resulting size & shape depends on how 'thick' it is.  if it's too thin it basically drizzles into the water in strings - I prefer the cheese doodle style.

then,,,, there's the Black Forest version - using a flat edge, create a thin layer on a board/plate and chop off thin strips into the pot.