• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FauxPas

FauxPas

On 7/31/2019 at 8:16 AM, chromedome said:

Most of you will never have been to Medicine Hat, so for context...there's the bulk of the town itself, and a cluster of gas stations and suchlike, then you descend into a steep river valley. When you come up the other side there is (or was, at that time) a small patch of light industrial (welding services, body shops and such) and residential, but no place to warm up, grab a soup or coffee, that sort of thing.

Ha, I've been there, and pretty close to that time, also! I spent a couple months in Redcliff (just north-ish of The Hat) back when I was in my late teens. I was staying with a close friend and her family who had just moved there. I remember driving up and down that river valley area on the highway between the two communities - many, many times! 

Also, mentioning Great Big Sea, we stopped to visit Alan Doyle's hometown (Petty Harbour, Newfoundland) the last time we were out that way. It was a misty summer morning. 

IMG_3169.thumb.jpg.b2316b34352e6ce65d3c0fbd0056767c.jpg

IMGP2731.thumb.jpg.9501f55bbbe29ee7ad20d44501fce3de.jpg

I loved these cod and puffin chairs! 

IMGP2744.thumb.jpg.91aef0d70fd7b16c6a2eacacff96e95b.jpg

FauxPas

FauxPas

On 7/31/2019 at 8:16 AM, chromedome said:

Most of you will never have been to Medicine Hat, so for context...there's the bulk of the town itself, and a cluster of gas stations and suchlike, then you descend into a steep river valley. When you come up the other side there is (or was, at that time) a small patch of light industrial (welding services, body shops and such) and residential, but no place to warm up, grab a soup or coffee, that sort of thing.

Ha, I've been there, pretty close to that time. I spent a couple months in Redcliff (just north-ish of The Hat) back when I was in my late teens. I was staying with a close friend and her family who had just moved there. I remember driving up and down that river valley area on the highway between the two communities - many, many times! 

Also, mentioning Great Big Sea, we stopped to visit Alan Doyle's hometown (Petty Harbour, Newfoundland) the last time we were out that way. 

IMG_3169.thumb.jpg.b2316b34352e6ce65d3c0fbd0056767c.jpg

IMGP2731.thumb.jpg.9501f55bbbe29ee7ad20d44501fce3de.jpg

I loved these cod and puffin chairs! 

IMGP2744.thumb.jpg.91aef0d70fd7b16c6a2eacacff96e95b.jpg