• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElsieD

ElsieD

Dinner was ar the St. John's Fish Exchange.  John had a beer, I had a glass of sauvignon blanc.  We shared two plates, an appetizer of bang bang shrimp that came with an Asian sauce and a seafood platter that came with fries (not shown). The platter had the obvious items along with a salt cod fritter, and a piece each of cod, halibut and salmon.  They had left the side muscle on the scallops which for some strange reason always annoys me and the halibut was overcooked.  Everything else was fine.  I wouldn't rush back but I have had worse.

As we were leaving, and walking past the line-up at the door,  I felt someone grab my arm and if it wasn't the same woman I met in Twillingate who lives in our building.  What are the odds of that, I wonder.

Here are the pics of our meal and the view from the restaurant.  And, especially for @rotuts because he likes these things, a menu of today's specials.

20190801_191343.jpg

P_20190801_194131_vHDR_Auto.jpg

P_20190801_195836_vHDR_Auto.jpg

P_20190801_190758_vHDR_Auto.jpg

P_20190801_192620_vHDR_Auto.jpg

ElsieD

ElsieD

Dinner was ar the St. John's Fish Exchange.  John had a beer, I had a glass of sauvignon blanc.  We shared two plates, an appetizer of bang bang shrimp that came with an Asian sauce and a seafood platter that came with fries (not shown). The platter had the obvious items along with a salt cod fritter, and a piece each of cod, halibut and salmon.  They had left the muscle on the scallops which for some strange reason always annoys me and the halibut was overcooked.  Everything else was fine.  I wouldn't rush back but I have had worse.

As we were leaving, and walking past the line-up at the door,  I felt someone grab my arm and if it wasn't the same woman I met in Twillingate who lives in our building.  What are the odds of that, I wonder.

Here are the pics of our meal and the view from the restaurant.  And, especially for @rotuts because he likes these things, a menu of today's specials.

20190801_191343.jpg

P_20190801_194131_vHDR_Auto.jpg

P_20190801_195836_vHDR_Auto.jpg

P_20190801_190758_vHDR_Auto.jpg

P_20190801_192620_vHDR_Auto.jpg