• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElsieD

ElsieD

Added picture

Thank you all, you are very helpful.  This machine is not like anything I am used to.  I went back over the my neuighbour and she found the rest of the parts, picture below.  It is an older machine but for the last 13 years of her husband's life he didn't use it and she never did.  As you can see, I now have the instructional video which will explain how to use it.  Should help a lot.

@teonzo the water reservoir just has a lid that that fits over it.  I don't think the lid has anything to do with the top knob.

20190410_172106.jpg

ElsieD

ElsieD

Thank you all, you are very helpful.  This machine is not like anything I am used to.  I went back over the my neuighbour and she found the rest of the parts, picture below.  It is an older machine but for the last 13 years of her husband's life he didn't use it and she never did.  As you can see, I now have the instructional video which will explain how to use it.  Should help a lot.

@teonzo the water reservoir just has a lid that that fits over it.  I don't think the lid has anything to do with the top knob.