• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElsieD

ElsieD

added @suzilightning

On 4/8/2019 at 7:23 AM, suzilightning said:

Years ago...1977-78...when I was working in restaurants to get money to go to grad school, I made these by the scores.  Buttering those fluted molds was a nightmare.

@suzilightning  Can you tell me how you cleaned the molds?  I have the proper Bordeau copper ones and I wash and dry them by hand between uses.  I read somewhere where someone said they never washed them, is that right?  I would think they'd get grungy.

ElsieD

ElsieD

On 4/8/2019 at 7:23 AM, suzilightning said:

Years ago...1977-78...when I was working in restaurants to get money to go to grad school, I made these by the scores.  Buttering those fluted molds was a nightmare.

Can you tell me how you cleaned the molds?  I have the proper Bordeau copper ones and I wash and dry them by hand between uses.  I read somewhere where someone said they never washed them, is that right?  I would think they'd get grungy.