• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElsieD

ElsieD

Forgot to add picture

I realize cruffins have been around for a while but I had never had one until I spotted them at my local Farm Boy.  They are a cross between a muffin and a croissant and Farm Boy sells them with either a lemon curd filling or a vanilla one.  While googling cruffins, I came across a recipe posted at taste.au.com and decided to make some today.  I did not fill them with anything.  To me, the ones I made more closely resemble Kouign Amann than what my store sells as cruffins.    The recipe i used called for 1 1/3 cups flour and 1/2 pound plus a couple of tablespoons of butter.  Rich they are and nicely layered but not what I was looking for.  Has anyone else tried making these?

20190116_183350.jpg

ElsieD

ElsieD

I realize cruffins have been around for a while but I had never had one until I spotted them at my local Farm Boy.  They are a cross between a muffin and a croissant and Farm Boy sells them with either a lemon curd filling or a vanilla one.  While googling cruffins, I came across a recipe posted at taste.au.com and decided to make some today.  I did not fill them with anything.  To me, the ones I made more closely resemble Kouign Amann than what my store sells as cruffins.    The recipe i used called for 1 1/3 cups flour and 1/2 pound plus a couple of tablespoons of butter.  Rich they are and nicely layered but not what I was looking for.  Has anyone else tried making these?