• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

eugenep

eugenep

speeeling erors

14 hours ago, Chris Hennes said:

yeah - that's the one. Kinda disappointed about that ATK recipe just because it's supposed to be tested so it should work. 

I don't think there is a relevant difference between Pecorino and Parmesano - unless the Pecorino has some kind of emulsifier in it that the Paresamno doesn't. But I'll try again with Pecorino. Maybe it'll come out different.

I think the best explanation might be that restaurants reuse the same pasta water thereby increasing the starch content wayyy more than the home kitchen cook. 

But it would be nice to hear from a kitchen cook that dealt with similar problems and how they got around it. 

happy halloween  

eugenep

eugenep

14 hours ago, Chris Hennes said:

yeah - that's the one. Kinda disappointed about that ATK recipe just because it's supposed to be tested so it should work. 

I don't think there is a relevant difference between Pecorino and Parmesano - unless the Pecorino has so kind of emulsifier in it that the Paresamno doesn't. But I'll try again with Pecornio. 

I think the best explanation might be that restaurants reuse the same pasta water thereby increasing the starch content wayyy more than the home kitchen cook. 

But it would be nice to hear from a kitchen cook that dealt with similar problems and how they got around it. 

happy halloween