• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

1 hour ago, Lisa Shock said:

You are lucky to have such good friends! In the second restaurant photo, we can see a bit of the floor. What's with the lavender plastic baskets and the white ten gallon tub?

I am lucky indeed.

The lavender baskets are at every table for you to deposit your empty water bottles and beer cans etc. I'm not sure about the white tub, though. I didn't notice it until you mentioned it, sorry.

If you forced me to guess, I'd say it contains ice. Beer and soft drinks are served on the rocks in most Vietnamese restaurants as are iced tea and coffee. But I could be completely wrong.

liuzhou

liuzhou

11 minutes ago, Lisa Shock said:

You are lucky to have such good friends! In the second restaurant photo, we can see a bit of the floor. What's with the lavender plastic baskets and the white ten gallon tub?

I am lucky indeed.

The lavender baskets are at every table for you to deposit your empty water bottles and beer cans etc. I'm not sure about the white tub, though. I didn't notice it until you mentioned it, sorry.

If you forced me to guess, I'd say it contains ice. Beer and soft drinks are served on the rocks in most Vietnamese restaurants as are iced tea and coffee.