• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

After lunch, we relocated to 双龙沟 (shuāng lóng gōu), twin dragon gorge, a sort of protected area of natural scenic beauty (they tell me). It is basically sub-tropical mountain forest. We passed through the gate and climbed slowly up the mountain.IMG_6378.thumb.jpg.484b3463b04b886783e1f6f6d892d5dd.jpg

The gate.  The name at the top reads 双龙沟 (shuāng lóng gōu), but in the older traditional script (traditional Chinese characters) - 雙龍溝

We passed through many bridges over the streams trickling down the mountainside. This one is called "Lucky Bridge.

IMG_6400.thumb.jpg.88bb63c489b19d591a79ba08f8ce6a9b.jpg

But mostly we we just went up and up, till we reached the top. Here we found a glass bridge across the gorge, high above the treetops. I am not at all good with heights - standing on a chair to change a light bulb terrifies me, so this I was not looking forward to. But I made it.

IMG_6419.jpg

On the other side we headed back down. Apart from the bridge, I really enjoyed the fresh  air and the trees.

Then, we headed to Yubu,  a Miao village where we would have dinner and spend the night.

liuzhou

liuzhou

After lunch, we relocated to 双龙沟 (shuāng lóng gōu), twin dragon gorge, a sort of protected area of natural scenic beauty (they tell me). It is basically sub-tropical mountain forest. We passed through the gate and climbed slowly up the mountain.IMG_6378.thumb.jpg.484b3463b04b886783e1f6f6d892d5dd.jpg

The gate.  The name at the top reads 双龙沟 (shuāng lóng gōu), but in the older traditional script (traditional Chinese characters) - 雙龍溝

We passed through many bridges over the streams trickling down the mountainside. This one is called "Lucky Bridge.

But mostly we we just went up and up, till we reached the top. Here we found a glass bridge across the gorge, high above the treetops. I am not at all good with heights - standing on a chair to change a light bulb terrifies me, so this I was not looking forward to. But I made it.

IMG_6419.jpg

On the other side we headed back down. Apart from the bridge, I really enjoyed the fresh  air and the trees.

Then, we headed to Yubu,  a Miao village where we would have dinner and spend the night.

liuzhou

liuzhou

IMG_6419.jpg