• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blbst36

blbst36

@Thanks for the Crepes - tell us how you really feel ;) 

Basically, my only interest is the food, not really the rides.  I hear too much about them collapsing.  I miss funnel cakes and corn dogs.  I wouldn't mind something fun, too, like a fried something.  My anxiety can't handle parking like that which has been a huge deterrent in going by myself.  I would definitely take a bus without hesitation.  I've actually never been to a state fair, period.  We used to go to a rib fest near where I lived when I was growing up, so I am very familiar with expensive food and large crowds.  They did include a lot in the tickets like live music and pig races and farm animals.  It's more about just the experience.  I am not working next week as I transition to a new job, so I was actually thinking of trying to get out there in the middle of the day, hoping the crowds wouldn't be as bad in the middle of the week.

Also, yep!  I couldn't believe I'd been here that long, either!  I'm just newer to egullet :$  I remember when I was travelling to Raleigh from Key West last year, the counter/check in agent was from the same area.  He asked how long I'd lived there and I said about 10 years.  He looked at me and said that I wasn't new, but wasn't a local just yet.  xD  He was hilarious.

blbst36

blbst36

@Thanks for the Crepes - tell us how you really feel ;) 

Basically, my only interest is the food, not really the rides.  I hear too much about them collapsing.  I miss funnel cakes and corn dogs.  I wouldn't mind something fun, too, like a fried something.  My anxiety can't handle parking like that which has been a huge deterrent in going by myself.  I would definitely take a bus without hesitation.  I've actually never been to a state fair, period.  We used to go to a rib fest near where I lived when I was growing up, so I am very familiar with expensive food and large crowds.  They did include a lot in the tickets like live music and pig races and farm animals.  It's more about just the experience.  I am not working next week as I transition to a new job, so I was actually thinking of trying to get out there in the middle of the day, hoping the crowds wouldn't be as bad in the middle of the week.